Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Moving out of the grey

I had one of those atrociously long weeks treacherous I tell you, you know the kind that you want over on Monday? Or Saturdays in my case -Saturdays are the beginning of my week- yeah.
Ever taken apart the lyrics to a song or read something that resonated with your every emotion. I’ve been listening to a lot of Britt Nicole lately she simply inspires me, especially "The Lost Get Found" powerful song.

“Hello my friend, I remember when you were so alive with your wide eyes, till the light that you had in your heart was stolen. Now you say that it ain’t worth staying, you want to run but you’re hesitating, I'm talking to me. Don’t let your light go out don’t let your fire burn down, coz somewhere somebody needs a reason to believe, why don’t you rise up now, don’t be afraid to stand out, that’s how the lost get found”
Do you remember? When nothing was too big for you? When you were all fired up for life? When nothing could put you down? When even the toughest of challenges only stalled you but never stopped you? What happened to the passion? the zeal for life? When did you allow trials to get the best of you? Funny thing is we never realize when this is happening its like life crawls out of you and you just wake up one morning feeling a hollowness you cannot comprehend and you start to beat yourself up… “I knew exactly what I wanted out of life, so why am I feeling lost? And what of my dreams? Not too long ago they felt so real and now they just seem like delusions. I might as well quit, give up the good fight, I'm so far from where I'd want to be and I'm growing weary”. Snap out of it. The temptation to quit is always at its strongest when you are at your lowest. When you get to such a point you know it’s time to reboot and if that involves playing a song that stirs you to the point of tears, turn it up –I do that all the time.
Often times we get so caught up in the rat race we forget about the things that keep us grounded, and when that happens we begin to lose our sense of direction and start to just go through the motions and before we know it we’re just merely existing, struggling to get by with no sense of purpose or drive. At that point you either give up or retrace your steps to when you let it slip away – I strongly advocate the latter. When you quit, you will never forgive yourself for it.
So you’re at a point where you’re feeling that some change is very much needed, could be a career change or the need to venture out on your own business-wise and it might appear that you haven’t a lot of options because you feel that you haven’t got much to offer. Now that reminds me of something I read in Paulo Coelho’s The Pilgrimage, a prayer: 
"Have pity on those who are fearful of taking up a paintbrush, or an instrument, or a tool because they are afraid that someone has already done so better than they could, and who feel themselves to be unworthy to enter the marvelous mansion of art. But have even more pity on those who, having taken up the pen, or paintbrush, or the instrument, or the tool, have turned inspiration into a paltry thing, and yet feel themselves to be better than others"

We should never sell ourselves short. We are all unique, we're wired differently, and have a diverse array of skills, we have different perspectives and opinions. No two human beings are the same, what I'm trying to say is you should never be afraid to go out and try something new, it might have been done before but you can still do it albeit differently, and you just might surprise yourself and others.


“So when you get the chance, are you going to take it? There’s a really big world at your fingertips and you know you have the chance to change it. There’s a girl in the streets she’s crying, there’s a man whose faith is dying. Love is calling you.Why don’t you rise up now? Don’t be afraid to stand out. That’s how the lost get found”




2 comments:

  1. now Paulo Coelho,one of my fav authors ever.wow,reading this has just reminded me that my writing was once about through my eyes,theen got to a point,trying to be i dont know,popular maybe and i lost my spark and reading this has just helped me find my way back.thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have reignited the flame. Now keep it burning.

    ReplyDelete