Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The weekend that was...

A few things came into perspective for me this weekend. I had a lot of time to myself, I was on the road a lot (took a trip to visit grandma), hence I had time to reflect on a few things.
If you are like me - and by this I mean too busy chasing dreams or the always elusive 'paper' that you never even have time to stop and smell the roses- then you always appreciate an opportunity to get away from it all. I had one such opportunity this weekend. Took a trip out of town to visit my grandma.

Have you ever taken time to absorb the exquisite scenes of our country? Forget the congested and polluted cities I'm talking about the countryside, green and lush and air so fresh you wish you could pack some to bring back to the city. And the wildlife! No nerve wrecking traffic and people rushing about like their buts are on fire and knocking everyone else in the process (I so dislike that!) and the constant hooting! Any way the hooting can be replaced by beautiful music? Quite unlikely but hey a girl can dream.

Back to my road trip so as I was walking in the rain with my feet splashing away at the water I couldn't help but wonder why I'm so hard on myself sometimes, and we're all guilty of it sometimes. Just let it go and walk/run/jump in the rain, you'll feel five again! Remember how that felt? Carefree, busting with energy, burning up calories faster than any known diet. When friends mattered more than shoes? You should keep the spirit of play alive, it'll keep you young :)

I love my grandma and not because she dots on me and makes no apologies for it :) but because she is a very wise, kind and loving woman with a great sense of humor and witty sarcasm.
Now my grandma, special as she is, has seen many a days and the Bible is all the constitution she needs. She is a little techno-savvy, well despite the fact that the remote goes by a few names including "mobile" or whatever name comes to mind, we were watching something and she was distressed by men who are insistent on looking like women, case in point was a dude in cornrows on tv so when I tried arguing that a man is judged by what is in his heart rather than what he dons on his body.... "then why not just give him a skirt to complete the look and while you're at it throw in some pumps ?" she retorted with a smirk. " You cannot take anything such a man says seriously. The nerve.... these truly are the last days the Bible warns us about".


Her Faith is unshakable she stands for what she believes in. You have got to have full confidence in that which you propagate otherwise how will you sell it to others? You've got to be informed on the subject and let that which you stand for be what you live by.

Let it be your identity.







No comments:

Post a Comment